Friday, August 31, 2007

A Plaidy Cover Artist

While surfing the other day, I came across a mention of this site, by cover artist Elaine Gignilliat. Gignilliat mostly does covers for romance novels, but she's also illustrated other genres, including several Plaidy novels, the cover illustrations of which can be seen (and purchased) here. Gignilliat did illustrations for some Philippa Carr and Victoria Holt novels (including The Queen's Confession) as well.

This was a fun site to visit, especially the section on Creating a Book Cover (which shows a Victoria Holt cover in the making).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to visit that link when I have more time. I have an old copy of The Queen's Confession and so I believe I know what you are talking about.

I just bought the new version of The Reluctant Queen republished by Three Rivers Press. It's red with a painting of Anne of York (I presume). Very beautiful cover!